Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Game of Unforunatelys and Fortunatelys

Big C does not like errands and we needed to do quite a few today!  I imagined lots of complaining and grumping on her part.  I decided to play a little game at breakfast.  I can't take credit for coming up with the game.  I read about it in a book. 



Each of us came up with ideas of unfortunatelys.  I wrote them on individual sheets of paper and folded them in half.  I put them into a basket.  Some of the ideas were:

Unfortunately we have to go to Costco.
Unfortunately I am still sick.
Unfortunately I seem to fall out of lots of places and get hurt.
Unfortunately my mom makes me do chores.
Unfortunately my mom makes me to do schoolwork.
Unfortunately I have to play this stupid game.
Unfortunately my family is full of whiners.

Can you guess who came up with the last unfortunately?!!  B-real!

After generating these ideas we each had to pick out a sheet of paper and turn the unfortunately into a fortunately.  Although one of us started with the idea, the rest of us added our positive ideas.

I am unsure if I can credit my little game with a change in Big C's attitude on our super errand day but I didn't hear one complaint from her.  It was a fun exercise in choosing to see the positive.

B-real is still threatening a week of living as though we are below the poverty line.  I think it would be an interesting experiment and good fodder for my blog! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment