Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sarah Saves: Free Day at The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum

I sure do love the Arboretum out in Chaska.




It's such a treat to spend time there; either by myself on that lovely three mile drive/walk or with the kids at the nature center and playground.   Most years we get a membership but this year I didn't get my act together and felt we were too busy to do the membership justice.

Here's my save:  During the months of November-March the Arboretum has free admission on Thursdays! The winter months are a neat time to visit too.  The Christmas tree display in December is spectacular and there's nothing like a little stroll with snowflakes flying.  B-real tells me it's a tranquil place to get some work done.

During April-September the Arboretum is free, after 4:30, on the third Thursday of the month.   There are some great spots for picnics, photos, and learning about different trees, plants, and flowers.  Enjoy!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment