Monday, July 7, 2014

Intentional Parenting



B-real and I were on a date a while back and I asked him what three words he would want used to describe him as a parent.  



Both of said we wanted to be remembered by our children as fun.


  I wish I could recall what else we said but fun was the first thought that came to both of us.   I definitely see both of us being fun in our own ways .  B-real did a flip off the front of our boat on the 4th.  I love wild rides at amusement parks.  We both like to dance even though it's not our thing.  We aren't easily embarrassed and like to be silly and laugh.  The four of us have fun together.  I want our girls to grow up enjoying our family time versus that strong pull to move away from the family and be about friends.  




It's nice to have that discussion and be more intentional about how we live our lives though.  People have goals for their careers, finances, and futures but what about goals as parents?  

No comments:

Post a Comment