Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Llama Time

Big C and Mr. Bungles, the one-eyed llama. 


The girls are doing 4H this summer.  They are each leasing a llama from a farm to use for the upcoming county fair.  Originally I helped the girls but now I am realizing this is their thing and I will not be able to help them at the fair.  I am stepping away and letting them learn on their own how to motivate and encourage their llamas.  For part of their time this week I even sat in the car and watched them.  It felt like a disservice on my part to hover and help.  They are getting to the age where it's o.k. to let them work through things on their own.  Struggle leads to growth.

I could see this as being a negative aspect of homeschooling.  I am always there versus a teacher who has a class of 20 some kids.  I am fully present and attentive to these two girlies!! The fact that I am always there could either be an advantage or disadvantage.  I guess we are lucky to have the choice of using it as an advantage and choosing to back off when it could become a disadvantage.  




Here's me enjoying the scenery from the car!  Listening to my music and reading my book.  Aaaahhh !!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment