Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Low Carb Lifestyle

We are embarking on our low carb lifestyle again.  B-real did it to lose some weight and was very successful last year.  Once he started eating carbs again, his weight crept back.  I tried it too but was obviously a sugar addict because I couldn't handle those first few days of carb withdrawl.




At the end of February we did low-carb and loved the results.  We both lost some weight but what made us the most pleased was how we felt:  more energy, better sleep, less cravings for food, and just happier.   The first few days were really hard.  I took a lot of Advil because of the headaches.  I had to stay busy to keep from wanting treats in the afternoon.  We cooked a lot more.  Less variety in the food choices.  Gosh were we sick of eggs for breakfast.   At about 2 1/2 weeks we were both looking at food in an entirely different way and it was easy to maintain the lifestyle. 

We started out our vacation on a pretty good note but it got trickier to maintain low-carb while we were eating so much with other people.  People who don't subscribe to the same theme of eating as we were.

Now we're back home and we're back to eating no carbs.  Day 2 seems easier than the last time we did this.  I did take some Advil yesterday but the cravings have been kept at bay this time around.   Round two came equipped with a three week meal plan I created and a big old shopping trip yesterday.  We found some tortilla shells that only have three carbs and those are nice for whipping up tacos, fajitas, and chicken wraps.  I also found a recipe for oopsie rolls which are a carb-free alternative for buns.  They consist of eggs, cream cheese and a few other ingredients.  I am thankful for Splenda, which I use in my coffee, and sugar free coffee creamer. 

Living with these modifications is worth it because of the positive changes I've seen.  I need much less sleep!  I have much more energy!  I no longer crave foods that provide no nutritional benefit!











No comments:

Post a Comment