Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Goings ons

One of the absolute best benefits of homeschooling your children is the homeschool ticket prices at The Children's Theater Company.  We have been fortunate to see many a matinee performance, alongside regularly schooled kids, for a mere $8-10/ticket.  And we always get awesome seats beause the performances are typically not sold out.

This week my sweet mom took us to see Cinderella.  We'd gone as a family to see it a few years back and absolutely adored it.  B-real and I laughed out loud; it was so funny for adults not just children.  Except for the play Matilda, when I saw in the West End of London, it's my favorite play I've seen.  And I've seen quite a few on Broadway.   My mother in law had never been to the Children's Theater Company so my mom invited her as well as my dad's mom to join us.  We planned to make it into a girls day and get lunch after the performance.

We had some nasty snow on Wednesday when we planned to go but the three hours I spent in the car were still worth it to see the play for a second time.  Sadly, Big C was feeling under the weather and decided to stay home with daddy.

If you have the chance to see a show this year, this is the show to see.  The stepsisters in the show are played by men.  The cast really involves the audience in the production.  They throw things into the theater --cake from Patrick's Bakery, tshirts, candy.  So fun!

They also do a little shout out to different school groups in the audience.  Wouldn't you know they decided to do a shout out to the my homeschool.  So my last name followed by Homeschool and the lights pointed right towards us.  My 'homeschool' that day consisted of one cute little girl, one 91 year old grandma, myself, and two ladies in their 60's.   It was just a tad bit embarrassing because these good rates are really for the kids; not for you to bring everyone who's related to you for the cheap price!  And my mom and mother-in-law both stood up and who-hooed!

I am hoping we won't have been put on some black list of families who take advantage of the student rates and we'll able to continue to see more plays here in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment