Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Conceal and Carry Permits

B-real and I got our conceal and carry weapons in 2013.  We went to a very 'affordable' class given by a guy in his basement.  His wife fed us her homemade chili for lunch.  It had to have been one of the oddest experiences of my life but we got our permits and it only cost $37.50!   The instructor really beat into his students that you should only use a gun if your life is in absolute, 100% certain danger.  I think they want to scare you a bit.  And that's o.k. by me - guns are serious business.  The other thing he scared into us was that even if you are found innocent by a judge or jury, the person who you shot can sue you in civil court and try to take all of your money. I respect guns and feel that all people should learn how to handle a gun safely. Guns are scary, but they become a little less scary if you know how to properly use them.  I enjoy going shooting with my dad and brother.  I find the sport of shooting challenging.  For Father's Day this year my brother and I took my dad shooting and out to breakfast.  He said it was his best Father's Day ever because he was able to share a hobby with both of his children.  In the past month I've spoken with two male friends who've said their work teams have wanted to learn how to shoot.  For their Xmas parties this year they have gone to Bill's Gun Range and one of the experienced gun owners has shown the others how to use a gun.

Here we are at the range on a date night...


And here we are reporting for our permits downtown...



This van was parked outside the government building where we applied for our permits.


No comments:

Post a Comment