Friday, January 31, 2014

Another sad story...

As I continue on my list of reasons why I don't send my children to school.  See below...

Many of my friends children attend World Learner in Chaska.  I just visited it two months ago because I like the idea of Montessori. On all accounts I've heard and witnessed this being a neat school.

http://www.chanvillager.com/news/schools/chaska-teacher-charged-with-criminal-sexual-conduct/article_dd488575-897e-5f71-ac91-bbfb9ddbf8bc.html

Then how can parents be o.k. with their children being at a school where a teacher is accused and admits to inappropriately touching two young girls.  I don't understand in what capacity a teacher is allowed to be in a situation where he is alone with eight and nine year old girls.

The school claims he passed all of their background checks.  When I volunteered at my daughter's private school we had to attend required volunteer training.  The biggest take away I had was to never be alone with a child.  Children are capable of making up lies and you don't want to EVER be in a position of being accused of doing something inappropriate.  The best way to prevent that from happening is to always have another adult with you.  Even if you are accused of something untrue and found innocent in the court of law, you will never regain your reputation.

I count my stars that I don't have to worry about my children's safety on a daily basis.  I know, without a doubt, they are safe at home.   No crazy person is going to run into their school and they will not be exposed to someone inappropriately touching them. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment