Saturday, January 25, 2014

Religions of the World

There are certain parts of different religions I appreciate. 


I am reading a book by a Jewish rabbi who is an Orthodox Jew.  I was telling B-real that I like how they hold the sabbath sacred and refrain from activities, traveling, technology from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown.  I sort of wished we did something similar in our house, slow things done, make the focus on family and simple pleasures. 

We were joking that we should be different religions on different days.  I said I would be Baptist on Sunday so we could go to a church with an uplifting message and great music.  On Wednesday we'd be Catholic because the faith formation classes the girls attend are very important to B-real.  B-real said, "And on Friday, heck, we'd be atheists".  I think he thought that would be our day to party and overindulge without regard for anything Godly or spiritual.  Oh he also said in the mornings of each day we'd be Buddhist because we like the calm that meditation brings to our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment