Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Horse Drawn Carriage Ride Through Central Park

I negotiated down the price of the infamous horse drawn carriage ride in NYC.




For future reference, it's not that hard.  Little c really wanted to do it but I reminded her that she should leave some activities for her next trip to the Big Apple.   I also told her it was expensive - $50 for a 25 minute ride around the park.  As we walked past the line up of horses, one driver asked if we were interested.  I replied "no" and he said "what if we can make a deal?".  I responded "Well then maybe.  How about $30 instead of $50".  He said "sure".  It was so easy!  And he was a great driver, telling the girls about the park where the Jesse show is filmed and about various movies that were shot or centered in Central Park.  The girls smiles were HUGE.




Our horse was named Prince and the highlight was definitely getting to feed him carrots at the end of our trip.






Looking back I am glad the stars aligned and we went because I have read the new Mayor of NYC has said he is going to end the carriage rides. I guess the animal rights folks don't care for how they are treated.




I think he liked me (see photo below).  The feeling was mutual!!




No comments:

Post a Comment