Friday, July 26, 2013

My Baby's Birthday

Today is my baby's seventh birthday!  And my 37th!  Seven years ago today she made me a mommy for the second time and it's not possible for there to be any better of a present.  She came into the world easily and quickly and gave us a run for our money those first two years with colic.  Since then, I haven't met anyone as flexible, easygoing, happy, fun and upbeat as the sweet daughter who shares my birthday!

The doctor told me her due date was 7/22 and I told B-real on the car ride home from our appointment that I was sure she would be born on my birthday.  At 11:54 p.m. on my 30th birthday I reached down and pulled her out of me.  Hands down the most beautiful experience of my life.




The years only get better.  Today I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.  I have a husband who adores me, two children who bring me such joy, so many friends from different parts of my life, the opportunity to travel, time to do things that I value and enjoy, family who lives close by and can be a part of my weekly life.  Most importantly my life is peaceful and I value that more than anything.  

I never knew 37 could be this good!  I hope little-c feels the same way about 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment