Friday, August 2, 2013

Fairies

You might think I am the creative parent in the family.  If you did, man, would you be wrong.  B-real has a pretty amazing imagination!  Who knew?  And yes, that's him wearing a beret while drawing with pastels!! The things he does to have fun with his girls. 





If you are the parent of a girl you are probably familiar with the Daisy Meadows fairy series of books; like the days of the week fairies, animal fairies, jewel fairies.  They really aren't my favorite books and I am glad neither girl has gotten too hooked on them.



 B-real, feeling a bit annoyed with the story lines, decided to amp it up a bit!  Instead of reading the books he volunteered to make up his own fairy stories.

His first series was entitled  "The Bad Smell Fairies" and included:
Patty the Port a Potty Fairy
Dolly the Diarrhea Fairy
Rita the Rotten Egg Fairy
Dani the Dog Poop fairy.

The girls adore his creations.

The most recent addition is "The Infectious Disease Fairy" series.  Included in this series are:
Hannah the H1N1 Fairy
Molly the MSRA Fairy
Susie the Swine Flu Fairy
Tammy the Typhoid Fairy
Emily the Ebola Fairy

Coming soon, the "Severe Injury Fairies"
Sally then Spinal Cord Injury Fairy
Brenda the blunt force trauma injury fairy
He still has a little work to do on this series....suggestions welcome.  


My mom told me to marry someone who makes you laugh and this guy keeps me laughing every day.  When I first met him I thought he was pretty darn serious but he's got a wicked sense of humor and he's witty to boot. 




B-real is available for birthday parties, just let me know what dates you need him and I'll check with his schedule!! 

Oh, and he does face painting too.  One year I suggested we hire a face painter and he said "How much will that cost? I'll do it instead".  The offerings were a bit limited, o.k. that's an understatement.  I was imagining butterflies painted across entire faces.  He told the boys he could do a football or soccer ball.  The girls got hearts or rainbows.  Amazingly, the kids still loved it and the line was long for the amazing face painter!

No comments:

Post a Comment