Saturday, August 3, 2013

I Love Lucy!

Have you been to the store Lucy?  Oh my, do I love it.  My mom and I went to look at dishes yesterday at Crate and Barrel and Macy's.  We made it to Crate and Barrel but then got a bit detoured into a jewelry store and then Lucy.  My mom is ADD, nothing to be ashamed of, she'll admit it!  See, sometimes your parents shortcomings really work in your favor, like when your mom's scatter brain leads you into a store you've never visited before AND it turns out it's adorable.

Lucy sells workout clothes, actually I believe the term these days is 'active wear'.  The best part is they sell yoga pants in petite sizes (for ladies under 5'3").  Yipee!   Tall friends, you need not feel short changed, as they sell tall sizes too.   It's very exciting for us girls who are abnormal in size.




They offer a nice variety of styles in their yoga pants and Lucy helps make yoga pants a bit more stylish.  My favorite are the Hatha style because of the way they hold in my tummy and the flare at the bottom of the leg.  They also have a special line down the sides of the pants that Tracy, my helpful salesperson, said are intended to make one appear taller.  I'll take that, for sure!

Hatha Pants

The little workout jackets fit perfectly too.  As I told Tracy the jackets hit right in the mid-bottom.  Oprah told me (over the TV) that your shirts should hit you mid-bottom because it cuts your bumpkin in half and makes it look smaller.  When you are wearing tight yoga pants, it's definitely good to have your bumpkin look as small as possible. This was a hard decision to make as there were multiple jackets I liked but this was the most universal looking. 


Vital Jacket

Now onto my FAVORITE thing.  Tracy found me a little tunic on the sales rack that she said everyone had loved and she thought would look cute on my body.  Well, she was right!  It's a sleeveless tunic in a beautiful shade of purple.  It hit me mid-thigh but wasn't too fitted.  The neck is a cowl and can be styled a variety of different ways.  Straight down, off one shoulder, pulled down off both shoulders.   I wore it yesterday and four strangers came up and told me how nice it looked and inquired as to where it was purchased.  My mom wanted to get one too but they were running low on their sizes. 

Body-Mind-Tunic

There are few things I try on that I feel I absolutely must buy,  This outfit at Lucy was one of those finds.  I turned to my mom and said "I have to have this".  The only other item in my wardrobe that fits that same bill is my navy blue, ruffled Tahari jacket.  My mom says you should only buys clothes that will cause you to cry when they are worn out. 

The clothes are pricey, don't get me wrong, but I am getting to the age where I would rather have less clothes.  My goal is to only add things to my closet that I absolutely love.   Plus, you can find things on sale that make Lucy clothes more affordable.  My tunic was $30 on sale. 

Tracy, at The Galleria location was helpful but not pushy.   I liked that she knew the product she was selling and was excited about it but was not trying to up-sell us into buying more items.  There is also a location at Roseville Mall.  

Happy shopping friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment