Thursday, August 29, 2013

Summer Highlight

Have you ever seen a concert at the MN Zoo?

I hadn't until my friend Gretchen invited me to join her this summer to see Marc Cohn and Mary Chapin Carpenter.  It was so AWESOME!  The musicians were entertaining and amazing but I was most impressed with the intimate setting.  I can't fathom going to a concert anywhere else.

Here's a really awful photo of Gretchen and me with Marc Cohn, taken with my iPhone in the dark.



It got me thinking about musicians, more specifically musicians who write their own music.  Writing is more quiet and introverted.  Getting up on stage in front of a crowd doesn't seem to fit well with a writer type.  When we met Marc he was sort of shy and uncomfortable.  On stage he was a completely different person; charismatic, funny, gregarious.

Email me if you want to see any concerts at the zoo next summer!  I am happy to be anyone's date!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment