Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Simple Summer Fun

I crave simple summer fun.  The sort of activities I remember doing as a child.  We have some pools in the metro area and they are super cool - multiple slides, rope swings, surfing experiences.  With that cool factor comes cost though and simple to me means cheap!

Now that we live a little further 'out' simple summer fun is closer to our doorstep.  The girls and I drove to Lester Prairie and spent $12 total for an afternoon of swimming and sunning.  And they even had a slide and a diving board.  The slide was like a giant tube slide from a park, nothing fancy, but the girls had a blast on it! I only had to spend $2 and got them a yummy little treat to break up our afternoon too.






Yeah for small towns!
Yeah for simple!
Yeah for summer!

And fortunately it was nothing like the community pool scene in The Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days movie!  Have you seen it?

I could relate after spending a day at the Edina Pool and then a day at the Minneapolis Golf Club pool!







No comments:

Post a Comment