Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Camping Close to Home

Our summer fun list included camping this year and our dear friends like to camp.  We managed to coordinate our schedules and found a nice campground close to home.   We had the absolute best time! Mostly because of the company.  My friend's sister and her family happened to be camping at the same location so we enjoyed meeting new friends too.

The beach was 'closed' because it was after Labor Day but that did not stop nearly everyone camping from swimming. There had to be over 50 people at the 'closed' beach.   It was awful hot so we were pleased to see people breaking the rules and were happy to break them too!



There was some game playing and a park for playing.  Little c said she wished we lived at the campsite although she said she could do without the bathroom situation.  I had to agree.  I was so grossed out by no sink to wash hands.  I could barely do the day with only hand sanitizer.





Big C took another nap while camping.  I sort of couldn't blame her.  I appreciate a nap in the tent too.




The kids donned their headlamps and went exploring in the woods for a bit.  B-Real joined them.  And I wonder where one of my children gets her dorkiness?  I have always loved the nerdy, smarts ones though.





Donuts for breakfast, anyone?


And we finished off our time with a few rounds of capture the flag.


I love to camp but I also love my coffee in the morning.  Thanks to our friends camp stove (boiling water) and B-reals quick buy of a french press, we were able to have some pretty amazing camp coffee.

Thanks friends for sharing your camping expertise with our less experienced family.  When are we going again?!!!

1 comment: